Monday, 20 February 2017

Normal Service Will Soon Resume

There's been this incessant, whiny noise buzzing around my ear for the last six months or so.  In the last two weeks, though, I've noticed that it has miraculously disappeared.  I've heard lots of people who regularly read this blog reporting the exact same phenomenon. What on earth is going on?


Of course, that incessant buzz was me merrily pontificating away on all matters Brexit.  It temporarily stopped because, just occasionally, I have to up my game at work and earn my salary.  When that happens I'm left with with no spare time or energy for this blog or for my ukulele addiction.  It's a complete outrage if you ask me but these are the rules and I just have to live with them.  Luckily, the current outbreak of work stress is almost at an end and I can start to think about getting my life back to normal.  That means blogging about Brexit and Scottish Independence and playing jaunty, shrill tunes on the banjo ukulele.  Don't worry, I'm not asking anyone except for my long-suffering neighbours to listen to my unique rendition of "In the Ghetto" by Elvis Presley.

Normal blogging service will resume in just a few days.   It's been my aim for some time now to post twice a week.  I fully intend to get back up to that rate as soon as possible.  There is just so much to write about, even though planet Brexit is a barren and featureless landscape at the moment.  Before I do that, however, I just need to catch up with whatever cowpat is currently bothering Jeremy Corbyn's two left feet.

In the meantime, I can't recommend Craig Dalzell's article on EU membership highly enough. I've been brewing a post on a similar topic but now I don't really need to bother because someone else got there first and made it as clear as it could ever possibly be.   In case anyone thinks the EU isn't sympathetic to Scotland's future there is also plenty of evidence out there that Scotland has plenty of support where it matters.

Anyway, rumours of my demise are much exaggerated.  Hah, I've always wanted to say that!  And now that I have I realise it is quite pompous and self-regarding but that's exactly why I've always wanted to say it.

Over and out,

Terry









 

4 comments:

  1. Work, the curse of the drinking classes.

    Ah well, now we know you haven't fallen off the edge of the Matterhorn, been battered over the head by a falling cuckoo clock, tumbled unawares into a vat of still-boiling Toblerone or fallen prey to a nasty glass of Swiss whisky, we can rest easy.

    Some times we all have to apply ourselves. Bugger, ain't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bloody outrage. I think I can now claim to be one of the "hard-working families" that UK politicians bang on about. To be honest, that is pushing it a bit. Tomorrow will involve a long lunch.

      Delete
    2. The guys round the pub welcome you back. Some of us wish we actually still had a job to annoy us. Is Swiss whisky actually a thing? I look forward to your forthcoming posts.

      Delete
    3. Swiss whisky is a niche but very real thing.

      I am really lucky to have a job but it doesn't stop me complaining about it when it gets in the way. For me, it gets in the way pretty much every day.

      Delete

Bark, lark or snark