Saturday, 9 July 2016

Shame, shame, shame

A few days ago I explored my deepening sense of shame about being British. The Brexit referendum has brought this back to the surface. It turns out I am not alone in all of this. Matthew Parris, the political commentator and former Conservative MP, has written that he now feels ashamed to be British. Matthew, you're welcome to the club but bloody heck you are about 13 years too late. (Young people of 2049 who are reading this, that was a reference to the Iraq War.)


Over and out,

Terry

PS I promise my next post will be about the Swiss situation.   Come back, come, back, this is not as boring as you might think.  The ongoing EU-Swiss negotiations might provide an advance flavour of the upcoming EU-UK negotiations.  Expect wild speculation and inexpert opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bark, lark or snark